Thursday, December 02, 2004

Still here ... sigh ...

Yep, still writing ... but I’ve been focused on my column in the Machias Valley News Observer.


The State of Maine is now in the midst of restructuring its tax code.    One of the key objectives is to affect a reduction in property taxes while also increasing the state contribution to the cost of education.    My position is that several of the proposals are way off base – as it happens, the governor saw the point I was making in September, regarding a Chamber of Commerce proposal, and adjusted accordingly.    However, being a politician in the Bush age, the alternatives are leaning to burdening future generations – therefore I’m still in the loyal opposition.    It’s a very time consuming thing.


WOW ... this is the shortest blog yet ...

No comments: